Thursday, November 14, 2013

In a Tree House

In a Tree House

Light
will someday split you open
even if your life is now a cage,

For a divine seed, the crown of destiny,
is hidden and sown on an ancient, fertile plain
that you hold the title to.

Love will surely bust you wide open
into an unfettered, blooming new galaxy
A life-giving radiance will come,

O look again within yourself,
For I know you were once the elegant host
To all the marvels in creation. 

From a sacred crevice in your body,
a bow rises each night
and shoots your soul into God.

Behold the Beautiful One
from the vantage point of Love.

He is conducting the affairs
of the whole universe
in a tree house – on a limb
in your heart.

            This makes my heart swoon for God and for the enormity of His Love. Hafiz was such a brilliant poet and possibly an even greater interpreter of spirituality. A perfect man/woman would be a manifestation of Love. A few “Realized Souls” have achieved such a near perfect union on Earth, Hafiz being one of them. Daniel Ladinsky, the most well-known English translator of Hafiz said: “Language when it mingles with spirit does a tremendous service to the world: it empowers and changes lives; it awakens love, valor, and wonder. The words of a poet-saint are unique, they become cherished friends to the heart – for they constantly comfort and free.”


        I consider Sting’s song Fields of Gold both comforting and freeing. Take a listen.


1 comment:

  1. Here is another beautiful poem by Hafiz

    I sometimes forget that
    I was created for joy
    My mind is too busy
    My heart is too heavy
    Heavy for me to remember
    that I have been
    called to dance
    the sacred dance for life
    I was created to smile
    to love
    to be lifted up
    and lift others up
    O sacred one
    Untangle my feet
    from all that ensnares
    Free my soul
    That we might
    Dance
    and that our dancing
    might be contagious.

    Hafiz

    ReplyDelete